College life is full of new experiences and memorable activities. However, it is also filled with academics! For many students, having an essay assigned is one of the worst parts of college life. Whether you simply do not want to take the time to do it, or do not feel you have good writing skills, essays can be a lot of work.
There are many ways to get assignment help, such as hiring a tutor or going to see your professor after class. However, you can also follow these tips if you need essay help:
- Get everything together. Make sure you have your assignment in front of you, and you have thoroughly read the instructions. Once you are sure you understand all of your requirements, get together your resources and writing utensils. Make sure you are in a comfortable area that is conducive to getting work done.
- Gather your thoughts. Now you will need to begin to organize your paper. Jot down a simple summary for your essay. Next, go back and expand on your summary. For each point you made in your summary, put bullet points with more information and resources to refer to. Put the evidence you are going to use, as well as any personal thoughts or links. If you are typing this, you can move things around easily to make sure your essay flows smoothly.
- Draft an introduction. Think of the main idea you are going to write about, and write an opening sentence or two. This sentence should be very general, and give readers the gist of your paper as well as a reason to keep reading. Your thesis statement should be clear and concise.
- Include back up details. These details should provide evidence for, and strengthen your thesis.
- Write your first draft. This is a more put together version of what you have so far. Simply transfer your summary and introduction over, make sure there are complete sentences that flow nicely, and that everything you wish to include is there.
- Proofread. Go through your draft and make sure you correct any mistakes or typos. Your essay should be easy to read and make sense from one point to the next. Correct any badly written or clumsy sentences, and verify that you have included all relevant information. Preferably you would have a second person proofread your paper as well.
That’s it! You have a paper! Now all you have to do is turn it in. Next time you get an assignment, writing will come to you much more easily!